Protein is essential in everyone’s diet but getting a good amount of protein as a vegan is a little tricky at first since you cut out all the traditional sources like meat and eggs. These bars are great as a post-workout snack and are filling enough to serve as breakfast. Throw one in your gym bag and go.
This dish is hearty and quick to throw together. This recipe is perfect for anyone who is always on the go.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chunky almond butter
- 1 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp brown rice syrup
- cup (25-50 g) protein powder
- Stir together syrup, vanilla, and almond butter in a large bowl.
- Microwave on high 45 seconds.
- Stir again and add cereal and chocolate; stir to combine well.
- Wet your hands and then shape into about seven balls; press firmly to hold mixture together, then drop onto a plate or cookie sheet.
- Turn dough out into a baking dish and spread out evenly. Use a roller to smooth out the top.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave until melted (about 20 seconds).
- Spread chocolate evenly across the top of the dough.
- Place in the freezer to set for 10 minutes then cut into 10 bars using a sharp knife.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Serve, or keep in the freezer for up to 1 week until needed.
Nutritional Information per serving
Total calories: 323